Friday 29 May 2009

work in progress


I was half way through collaging the background of this HUGE canvas when I realised it was time to go and pick Izzy up from nursery. When we got back home Izzy was delighted to see my delicious scrapbook papers sprawled out all over the couch in the living room and she almost screetched with joy when I asked her if she wanted to help me finish it!! I'm quite precious with my supplies as they don't come cheap, and Izzy was thrilled to actually get her hands on 'Mummys expensive art things'. I let Izzy pick which paper she wanted and where it was to be placed and together we got stuck into the pot of mod podge.

I'm thrilled with Izzys paper choices, I think the whole thing looks like an antique quilt.


As you can see from the picture, I plan on adding two subjects to this canvas. I thought it would be quite fitting to have a 'mother and daughter' image here.


I have brown curly hair and Izzy has blonde curly hair, so I will try to incorporate a little bit of 'us' into the final painting. I plan on taking this piece to the fairs too, that's if I get it finished.


More photos of my work in progress will follow shortly. You will see a dramatic change no doubt, as most of the background papers will be painted over, and you will just see sneaky peeks of the patterns underneath...we will see what becomes of it...I know just as much as you at this point, I never know what the finished piece will look like, and that's part of the fun of it.
Come back soon xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment