Wednesday 19 October 2011

Freezing cold and more paintings

It's freezing here in the UK today and as I type on my phone with my chilly fingers I'm watching the weather report on tv and it looks like we're in for a cold
night tonight and 'long johns' have been advised... Brrrrrrrr.

So, I have painted some more and slowly I'm building up enough paintings for me to relaunch my Etsy shop. Maybe a few more weeks and I'll have enough...well maybe :0)

This lot of 3 paintings are probably my favourite ones of late, especially the girl with the owl and the girl with the eyes in her hair. I work in mixed media quite often and sometimes I stick to mainly watercolour (the girl with the owl) or mainly acrylics (the girl with the eyes).

I work on many surfaces but mainly heavy weight watercolour paper or canvas boards, I love to paint on either but the boards take some prepping and therefore I have to wait before I can begin the actual painting. I have a few boards prepped and sketched and I'm eager to begin painting but for now... I'm off to bed, it's been a very long day zzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzz ttfn x

4 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you and your art back in blogland :)

    I love the girl with the eyes in her hair, so unusual and kooky, love that!!

    I am going to have to get my winter duvet out if this weather keeps up it's freeeeeezing!!
    My daughter has already bought some new totes toasties to keep her feet warm ;)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Micki, thanks for the comment your so sweet, I thing the girl with they eyes in her hair is my fave at the moment :o)
    It's about time I got myself back in Blogland and Etsy, it's been way too long.
    I love your art, I don't know if you realise that I bought a piece from you recently, I bought the gorgeous painting with the girl in the woods with the wolf in her hair... I LOVE IT!!! Thank you Micki.

    Ah, it's seriously cold tonight isn't it? My toes are freezing and I get headaches with the central heating so we don't have it on too often so I'm really chilli tonight, and I'm sitting here in short sleeves but I'm far too lazy to get up and get something warm to wear ha ha. I could do with some of your daughters toasties right now ahhhhhhh. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have uncovered my mystery lol
    When I sold that painting I was sure I knew the name of the person who bought it, and it was driving me mad trying to think of who it was....now I know lol ;o)
    I am so glad that painting has gone to a good home :)

    I get central heating headaches too, I have to have all my windows open when I put the heating on, much to everyones amusement ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure has gone to a good home, I love her, at the moment she's sitting in my little art room :o) I think eventually she'll be framed although she looks beautiful leaning on my shelf as she is :o)

    ReplyDelete