Thursday 3 November 2011

I LOVE Owls xxx

So, for ages and ages I've loved including owls in some of my paintings and right now I just can't stop!!

Here are a couple of paintings that I've been working on the past few days. The painting with the girl and the red hair is finished but the other one is not yet complete, I might paint the little owls wings red, what do you think? I don't usually think my colours through I just usually dab into the colour that I fancy at the time. The colour wheel has never played a part in any of my paintings, and doubt it ever will, I'd rather just go with the flow and if it turns out pretty then great :0) do you guys use colour wheels? Are they usually used more for room decors etc? Being a self taught artist I wouldn't really know (blush). When it comes to art, anything goes I guess.

I hope you like the paintings, I'm off up to the bomb site.. Oh I mean 'studio' to finish that painting.

Happy Thursday x x x




5 comments:

  1. I think anything goes in art for sure, but I do admire those who just know how to put color together and I doubt they use a color wheel. I never use a color wheel and I am rather self taught too- when you don't the three community art center classes I've taken.

    Your colors are vibrant...love that bright red hair! I am partial to owls too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, I always paint bright even when I don't mean to. Did you ever see the video that Tam (Willowing) did? she gave herself just a few muted tones to use and only use to create a painting as she also tends to use vibrant colours and she wanted to challenge herself not to, the result was great, I might try that one day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is great! It's so whimsical and pretty. I think you use color well... so who needs a color wheel?! Although I've had color classes and all that I never use a color wheel.. I just go with the flow and grab whatever color feels good... which usually consists of some kind of turquoise tho, lol! Maybe I should branch out... nah! Just keep doing what your doing and have fun!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. I like the idea of grabbing whatever is at hand at any given moment. Red would look great in his wings.
    Kyles :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like to go with the flow too and not worry about wheels too much :) and looking at your work, it seems it works for you, it's whimsical and beautiful... both things i love.

    ReplyDelete